Social Media: Is it effective in “swaying” ye-olde voters’ votes?
I just want to highlight the effectiveness of social media* – Microsoft PowerPoint presentation – as a mean to give political briefings to kampong folks… Yes, the time is NOW to bring it out from lecture/seminar rooms and make some presentations to the massive – educated and non-educated alike; rich and poor; famous and infamous; young and old; males and females (transvestites are also welcome to join in the forum, lah!) … Yup, the proposed meeting place could be inside the stadium, at randau ruai, multi-purpose hall or even under the tree is also can, what… Recommended time for screening – in case IF it is going to be held under a tree is in the evening, lah!
Knowledgeable and skilled orators are hereby needed to participate, so as to achieve our common goal, i.e. to wrest N. 29 Batang Ai, lah…
Well, the following is just a sample presentation without any additional plug-ins (background music, animation, etc.)… I’m pretty sure that there are a lot of experts out there who can lend their help in enhancing such presentation by chipping in better inputs.
Of course, I’m quite frustrated as the original PowerPoint file was rejected earlier by WORDPRESS.COM – it could be due to its high security alert against cyber attack – so I have changed the presentation format into graphic image files!
Anyway, happy socializing, interacting, etc. to all N. 29 Batang Ai voters out there… The orators (speakers) are able to conduct FAQs from the floor, I guess!
Yup, this is just a SAMPLE presentation! And no lawsuit, please!
* “Social media” is a term coined by Lorelle.
4 Comments »
Tiyung Dayak a.k.a. Teddy a.k.a. Ted a.k.a. TD
Who is this Tiyung Dayak guy?!
Yes, I have appointed myself as a Blogotician prior to the 12th General Election, which was held all over Malaysia on March 08, 2008. And for the first time in Malaysian history since her independence from the Brits 50 years ago, 2/3 of BN majority has been denied by the opposition. Yes, thanks again to the advancement of ICT – the domain factor that has proves its effectiveness in this cyber war games, where blogs and blogging are the submain factors that has and ever will influence voters’ perception toward ineffective Malaysian leaders (and not just the ineffective Bidayuh leaders).
Since time immemorial (?!), the Malaysians have been denied the truth and most of the time they have been fed with true lies through the gomen-controlled mainstream media! Based on my random survey, it is safe for me to conclude that almost 85% of Malaysian population did not have access to the ICT. But then, there is hope for the better, especially among the young, educated Malaysians, as they are now the major force behind this IT Age Revolution, who are gradually aware about the importance of ICT and put in use in their daily life.
Yes, I hereby take an “e-oath” that I’ll be a responsible Blogotician and practice my rights to express my views freely (here and there!) for the betterment of the future of Bidayuh young ones…
In the name of “Hope for a Better Future” I swear, lah…
Disclaimer: Yes, correct! Come to know him (first) before you’ll love him (and NOT the other way round)… L.O.L.!!!
Recent Complaints by (the Dayak) Bloggers
Jordan Zwagerman on Been chased by a “killer lady”… tiyungdayak on The 415 entry… tiyungdayak on The 415 entry… Interesting Foto on The 415 entry… Interesting Foto on MONEY TALK – Part IV – “Financ… tiyungdayak on The boomed-bastic bastion… Papayuk on A ye-olde story revisited… Papayuk on Another “high” expectation… tiyungdayak on Another “high” expectation… tiyungdayak on Another “high” expectation… Papayuk on Another “high” expectation… tiyungdayak on Whata “double joy” celebr… tiyungdayak on Self-sufficiency…?! Uhmm… tiyungdayak on Self-sufficiency…?! Uhmm… tiyungdayak on Self-sufficiency…?! Uhmm…
The Recruitment Drive is ON… Come and join us!
No. of complaints received so far...
- 47,816 complaints! Aiyah!!!
The Origins of Complainants…
The Origins of Complainants since January 6, 2011!
The Malaysian Time…
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- Battle @ Batang Ai – The graphical presentation…
- Video 101: How to be a (homegrown) “pirate”…Nowadays, the internet technology is kept on changing and developing, and so are the internet users. Therefore, the Dayak internet users have to change and develop (their mindset), too! Well, it’s DayakBaru.com’s tag: “CHANGE WE MUST“, right?! Yup, Obama did say “CHANGE“; MLTR did sing about “CHANGE” through their “I’m gonna come back” song… In […] […]
- Bye 2013, welocme 2014 December 31, 2013I am very happy to say good bye to 2013 with no regrets…. much have happened but the beauty of 2013 is that I have survived it socially, financially and politically… Socially I have met and made more new friends … Continue reading →
- SARIN Gas Posoning- a possible Herbal answer September 13, 2013Herbal tea could be the answer to SARIN Gas poisoning... Continue reading →
- Bye 2013, welocme 2014 December 31, 2013
- Happy Gawai Christmas! + Beer vs. Milk For Dayaks? + Stop Double Festive Wastage! December 22, 2011Let’s examine a typical, average Christmas/Gawai expenses by a Dayak family: 1. Beers of 10 crates (6 crates Tiger Beer and 4 crates TsingTao Beer). The reason with buying two grades of beer is one for standard show-off for VIP guests and one for common visitors. Cost: Tiger Beer 6 crates/ RM65 X 6 = […]
- Mandatory IQ Test For Voters – Let’s Kick Out The Idiots From Voting! December 22, 2011This is perhaps another proposed solution for EC on how to improve our democracy: Mandatory IQ test for voters. There must be some sort of control and filtering for such an important decision-making process and democracy is at best not to be ruined by village idiots and pirates with MyKad. When democracy being hijacked by […]
- Happy Gawai Christmas! + Beer vs. Milk For Dayaks? + Stop Double Festive Wastage! December 22, 2011
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- “Red Granite Are No Longer Our Client” – Raging Scenes As “Racketeering” Case Settles! July 21, 2014Hollywood’s news hounds have been left intrigued by the announcement of a final settlement between Red Granite Pictures, the production company owned by Najib Razak’s step-son, Riza Aziz, and the original producers of their next movie release ‘Dumb and Dumber To’. There have been limited statements from either side, however…
- SEB’s ‘Generous’ School Bus For Murum! July 17, 2014Sarawak Energy (SEB) has been pouring out self-congratulatory propaganda for weeks, praising its own ‘generosity’ and ‘kindness’ towards the Penan people, who were thrust from their homelands and forced into resettlements by the Murum Dam. So just take a look at this – SEB’s transport provision for children aged 7-12…
- SEB “Are Taking A Very Big Risk” Mending Turbines on Site July 11, 2014Sarawak Report has consulted a top British dam engineer about the repairs currently under-way on the newly installed turbines at the Murum Dam. Dr Phillip Williams of Williams Associates, San Fransciso, is an expert in hydraulics. We showed him the leaked reports on the defects affecting the Chinese made turbines…
- “Misrepresenting The Facts”? – We Publish More Documents! July 6, 2014SEB boss Torstein Sjotveit has been forced to admit that the turbines installed in the Murum Dam hydro-electric plant are currently "not suitable for installation and operation", but he claims SR "misrepresented the facts"..
- Murum Turbines “Not Suitable For Installation & Operation” – SEB’s Cover Up Over Danger Of “Catastrophic Breakdowns” EXCLUSIVE EXPOSE! July 3, 2014An extraordinary operation has been underway at the dam face of the Murum hydro-electric plant in an attempt to repair sub-standard blades on the turbines, according to secret documents released to Sarawak Report
- Satem Against the People – New CM Backs Taib’s Dam Projects July 2, 2014Chief Minister Adenan Satem has predictably taken on the role of Governor Taib Mahmud’s chief business manager. He today stated that the state government will “have to” build more dams to meet the power demand for its industrial development and for “the people”. He thundered that he did not care…
- Damned Disgrace! June 28, 2014You would have thought that if there was one thing that SEB's Torstein Sjotveit and his Tasmanian side-kick Nick Wright would have both made sure of, it would be that the Penan communities, who were barged off their lands by the Murum Dam, would have been taken care of...
- Malaysia Truly Asia! June 27, 2014The on-going arbitrary detention of the Australian Natalie Lowrey has brought a sinister new meaning to Malaysia's top advertising slogan.....
- The Sarawak Timber Mafia’s Global Menace June 25, 2014Sarawak Report has researched the global reach of Sarawak’s timber mafia and we can reveal a web of logging interests that have spread into every remaining tropical timber region of the planet. This extraordinary penetration by Sarawak’s top timber companies is the result of the system promoted by the Mahmud…
- Information Ambassadors – Become Part Of The RFS Survey Team! May 29, 2014Sarawak Report and Radio Free Sarawak are inviting our online readers and listeners to take the opportunity of Gawai to bring information to their villages – and also to bring information back to us. There is a small prize raffle for all those who email us back the RFS Awareness…
- “Red Granite Are No Longer Our Client” – Raging Scenes As “Racketeering” Case Settles! July 21, 2014
- BARU BIAN'S SPEECH: 51ST ANNIVERSARY OF SARAWAK'S INDEPENDENCE DAY July 23, 201422 JULY 2014Ladies and gentlemen, friends.How many of us know, or were taught in school, that 51 years ago, on 22 July 1963, Sarawak became an independent sovereign state with a state Cabinet headed by the first Chief Minister Tan Sri Stephen Kalong Ningkan? That on that historic day, the last British colonial governor handed over the administration of Sara […]
- BARU BIAN: DAP SARAWAK’S ULTIMATUM July 21, 2014PRESS STATEMENT21 JULY 2014I refer to the article in today’s Star on DAP Sarawak’s threat to withdraw from the PR coalition in Sarawak.PKR Sarawak is surprised and shocked that DAP Sarawak has seen fit to issue an ultimatum to our common partner PAS over their stand on hudud without prior consultation with or notification to us. On my part, I feel a deep reg […]
- ‘Stop the dam, we live here, we’ll die here’ July 21, 2014Posted on July 19, 2014, SaturdayLONG SAN, Baram: Ask Long San folk about the proposed Baram Hydroelectricity (HEP) dam project and the majority of them will tell you they are strongly against it.Anti-dam banners hung outside Long San villagers’ houses.Anthony Lawai KaringRoland LaloIn fact, many houses in the village in Long San are seen hanging banners bea […]
- Baram villagers witness first hand proof of empty promises July 21, 201420/07/2014 - 11:00 Anna ChidambarKUCHING: Reports that the Sarawak state government has unofficially given the “green light” for the construction of the controversial RM4 billion hydroelectric power (HEP) Baram Dam have not deterred villagers at the anti-dam blockade in Long Lama who are adamant at staying put.The Long Lama blockade was set up by the Ba […]
- Brace for the rough socio-economic challenges July 21, 201421/07/2014 - 09:30 Ng Kee SengOUTSPOKEN: On July 10, Bank Negara announced the raising of the benchmark overnight policy rate (OPR) by 25 basis points (bps), or 0.25 percentage point, to 3.25 per cent.Many media reports expressed surprise at the first interest rate hike in three years and others questioned the timing.The central bank’s decision to raise […]
- Human rights, a big question mark in Malaysia July 21, 2014July 21, 2014Can we honestly point the finger at others for violating human rights when we ourselves are guilty of so many?COMMENTThe ObserverI just read the news article where our Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai says the shooting down of the MAS airplane MH17 over Ukraine was a violation of human rights. Of course he is correct.However it was o […]
- High Court orders return of CDs containing the word ‘Allah’ to Melanau clerk July 21, 2014BY JENNIFER GOMEZPublished: 21 July 2014 Lawyer for Jill Ireland, Annou Xavier (left), and a representative from the Bible Society Malaysia, Alfred Tais, at the Kuala Lumpur High Court on June 30, 2014. Ireland is seeking the return of CDs containing the word 'Allah', which were confiscated in 2008. – The Malaysian Insider pic by Shafiq Safiee, Ju […]
- BARU BIAN - MH 17: A SENSELESS TRAGEDY July 19, 2014PRESS STATEMENT18 JULY 2014The headlines in today’s Borneo Post Online ‘MH17: A tragedy too close to home’ says it all for us in PKR Sarawak. The shock and disbelief we felt while we first heard the news gave way to extreme sadness upon learning that one of the Sarawakian victims, Ariza Ghazalee was the cousin of our Deputy Chairman Zulrusdi Hol. She was als […]
- Sabah’s security problems are a consequence of Dr Mahathir’s ICs handout July 17, 2014BY EILEEN NGPublished: 17 July 2014A Sabah leader has put the blame on Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad (pic) over the a series of intrusions into the Borneon state, pointing out the security problems were the result of giving identity cards to illegal immigrants during his administration.Angkatan Perubahan Sabah president Datuk Seri Wilfred Bumburing said there is a […]
- Global economic report damns PM Najib for lacking will to reform July 17, 2014BY THE MALAYSIAN INSIDERPublished: 9 July 2014 A global economic report says Datuk Seri Najib Razak remains secure as the prime minister as there is no worthy successor. – The Malaysian Insider pic, July 9, 2014.A global economic report has painted a gloomy outlook for Malaysia, predicting failure for the second phase of Putrajaya's economic transformat […]
- BARU BIAN'S SPEECH: 51ST ANNIVERSARY OF SARAWAK'S INDEPENDENCE DAY July 23, 2014
- PKR'S 7 Points, Better Than Nothing? July 23, 2014THE 22ND JULY 2014 SEVEN POINTS BY PAKATAN RAKYAT (7P).Comments by Sarawak Headhunter in red: Point 11. In recognition of the spirit of the federal compact signed in 1963 known as the Malaysia Agreement, to:a.Recognise – in the Federal Constitution, text books and official discourses – Sabah and Sarawak as special states that are equal partners to the Penins […]
- UNITED VARSITY STUDENTS OF BORNEO: Hanya Persepsi atau Kenyataan??? June 27, 2014UNITED VARSITY STUDENTS OF BORNEO: Hanya Persepsi atau Kenyataan???: "Persepsi Semenanjung menjajah Sabah dan Sarawak perlu dihapuskan dengan seberapa segera kerana selagi ia terus wujud, potensi untuk...
- UNITED VARSITY STUDENTS OF BORNEO: SEJARAH ADALAH SARJANA AGUNG DALAM KEHIDUPAN June 27, 2014UNITED VARSITY STUDENTS OF BORNEO: SEJARAH ADALAH SARJANA AGUNG DALAM KEHIDUPAN: 1. Selayang pandang tentang pembentukan Malaysia, yang dicetuskan oleh Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra pada 27 Mei 1961 dalam satu majlis yang...
- UNITED VARSITY STUDENTS OF BORNEO: "Pemuda-Pemudi Semua Marilah, Bangunlah Bersatu Se... June 27, 2014UNITED VARSITY STUDENTS OF BORNEO: "Pemuda-Pemudi Semua Marilah, Bangunlah Bersatu Se...: Ibarat "keluar mulut harimau, masuk mulut buaya".Sinonim dengan perumpamaan ini begitulah hal yang terjadi kepada Negara Sabah ...
- What Do We Call UMNo & The Malays Who Support It? May 23, 2014UMNo, in spite of governing the country for more than 50 years, has ironically emerged as the biggest threat to itself and to the nation. The parasitic seeds of this disaster were planted within UMNo from its very inception and have now grown out of control.The tree that fed itself fat on the resources of the land now feeds on the very people themselves - al […]
- Misguided Attempt By A Sarawakian To Justify Malayan Oppression of Sarawak April 8, 2014Malaysian InsiderSide Views Sarawak for Sarawakian kleptocrats – Brewin Edward EmprangApril 08, 2014Sarawak Headhunter's comments in red.By history, the states of Sabah and Sarawak are enjoying many privileges. Restricting people from entering the states for no sensible reason is one of them.In reality these are not privileges but necessary provisions t […]
- Is Apostasy Of Any Concern To Islam? February 20, 2014Is apostasy of any concern to Islam?NOT AT ALL. Nor should it be. What therefore is all the fuss about, especially in Malaysia? Is Islam or Muslims in Malaysia under attack from apostates from Islam or from proselytizing Christians and others, perhaps even atheists and secularists? Perhaps it is time for Muslims to start thinking and behaving rationally in a […]
- Allah Says: "Let There Be No Compulsion In Religion" February 5, 2014ONE of the very basic principles of Islam that is stated by Allah in the Qur’an is simply this:“Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]Many Muslim […]
- Rural Sarawakians & Sabahans Still Held In BN's Oppressive Grip November 30, 2013Why the 'urban tsunami' stopped at the coastKeruah Usit3:02PM May 11, 2013ANTIDOTE Why did rural Sarawakians and Sabahans stay with BN, while their urban counterparts voted overwhelmingly for change? BN's strategy of carping on ethnic insecurities made no impact in Borneo, yet BN won 48 of 57 parliamentary seats in Sabah, Labuan and Sarawak.In […]
- The 1st Great Highway Robbery Part 1 November 30, 2013It’s a Long Road Posted by admin Thursday, 27 August 2009 11:18 It was not until Samy Vellu’s inadvertent revelation in Parliament that it was known that the four trustees of Hatibudi Sdn Bhd were (drum rollplease) Mahathir Mohamad (PM), Ghaffar Baba (DPM), DaimZainuddin (Finance Minister) and Sanusi Junid (Agricultural Ministerand UMNO Secretary General). B […]
- PKR'S 7 Points, Better Than Nothing? July 23, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The Hidden Life of the Kennedys : The Elite Dynasty That Got Decimated (Pt. II) July 21, 2014John F. Kennedy was an iconic President who defined an entire era. Although he was placed in office by his [...] The post The Hidden Life of the Kennedys : The Elite Dynasty That Got Decimated (Pt. II) appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The Origins of Yale’s Not-So-Secret Society and Its Continuing Influence July 16, 2014Much has been written about the vague and nebulous Illuminati, but one shadowy ivy league secret society in particular has [...] The post The Origins of Yale’s Not-So-Secret Society and Its Continuing Influence appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The FBI’s Growing Concern with the Cult of “Holy Death” (Santa Muerte) July 11, 2014Agents within the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation have publicly raised serious concerns about the growing Latin American cult [...] The post The FBI’s Growing Concern with the Cult of “Holy Death” (Santa Muerte) appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Miley Cyrus’ “Trippy” Video that Was Filmed While She Was ‘Hospitalized’ Is Actually About MKULTRA July 9, 2014A “trippy” video featuring Miley Cyrus, the Flaming Lips and Moby is actually about Mind Control. It was filmed when [...] The post Miley Cyrus’ “Trippy” Video that Was Filmed While She Was ‘Hospitalized’ Is Actually About MKULTRA appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Don’t Come Around Here No More July 7, 2014I honestly don’t believe in anything. I need to see things and experience them first hand to believe them and [...] The post Don’t Come Around Here No More appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- What is Happening to Shia LaBeouf? July 5, 2014In the past few months, Shia LaBeouf has made strange public appearances, acted “erratically” and even got himself arrested for [...] The post What is Happening to Shia LaBeouf? appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The Åkerlunds: Shadowy Influences on Modern Music June 27, 2014To fully understand the powerful and shadowy occult influences playing a role in Hollywood and in music today, one must [...] The post The Åkerlunds: Shadowy Influences on Modern Music appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Robin Thicke’s Video “Get Her Back” or How Pop Culture Keeps Promoting a Culture of Death June 26, 2014Get Her Back appears to be about Robin Thicke trying to win his wife back by being nice and apologetic. [...] The post Robin Thicke’s Video “Get Her Back” or How Pop Culture Keeps Promoting a Culture of Death appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Lady Gaga’s Leaked Video “Do What U Want” featuring R. Kelly Glorifies Entertainment Industry Abuse June 21, 2014There are so many things that are wrong with Lady Gaga’s video Do What U Want that it boggles the [...] The post Lady Gaga’s Leaked Video “Do What U Want” featuring R. Kelly Glorifies Entertainment Industry Abuse appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The Hidden Life of the Kennedys : The Elite Dynasty That Got Decimated (Pt. I) June 20, 2014The Kennedys were considered, at one point, to be America’s Royal Family – a powerful dynasty that was also beloved [...] The post The Hidden Life of the Kennedys : The Elite Dynasty That Got Decimated (Pt. I) appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The Hidden Life of the Kennedys : The Elite Dynasty That Got Decimated (Pt. II) July 21, 2014