Social Media: Is it effective in “swaying” ye-olde voters’ votes?
I just want to highlight the effectiveness of social media* – Microsoft PowerPoint presentation – as a mean to give political briefings to kampong folks… Yes, the time is NOW to bring it out from lecture/seminar rooms and make some presentations to the massive – educated and non-educated alike; rich and poor; famous and infamous; young and old; males and females (transvestites are also welcome to join in the forum, lah!) … Yup, the proposed meeting place could be inside the stadium, at randau ruai, multi-purpose hall or even under the tree is also can, what… Recommended time for screening – in case IF it is going to be held under a tree is in the evening, lah!
Knowledgeable and skilled orators are hereby needed to participate, so as to achieve our common goal, i.e. to wrest N. 29 Batang Ai, lah…
Well, the following is just a sample presentation without any additional plug-ins (background music, animation, etc.)… I’m pretty sure that there are a lot of experts out there who can lend their help in enhancing such presentation by chipping in better inputs.
Of course, I’m quite frustrated as the original PowerPoint file was rejected earlier by WORDPRESS.COM – it could be due to its high security alert against cyber attack – so I have changed the presentation format into graphic image files!
Anyway, happy socializing, interacting, etc. to all N. 29 Batang Ai voters out there… The orators (speakers) are able to conduct FAQs from the floor, I guess!
Yup, this is just a SAMPLE presentation! And no lawsuit, please!
* “Social media” is a term coined by Lorelle.
4 Comments »
Tiyung Dayak a.k.a. Teddy a.k.a. Ted a.k.a. TD
Who is this Tiyung Dayak guy?!
Yes, I have appointed myself as a Blogotician prior to the 12th General Election, which was held all over Malaysia on March 08, 2008. And for the first time in Malaysian history since her independence from the Brits 50 years ago, 2/3 of BN majority has been denied by the opposition. Yes, thanks again to the advancement of ICT – the domain factor that has proves its effectiveness in this cyber war games, where blogs and blogging are the submain factors that has and ever will influence voters’ perception toward ineffective Malaysian leaders (and not just the ineffective Bidayuh leaders).
Since time immemorial (?!), the Malaysians have been denied the truth and most of the time they have been fed with true lies through the gomen-controlled mainstream media! Based on my random survey, it is safe for me to conclude that almost 85% of Malaysian population did not have access to the ICT. But then, there is hope for the better, especially among the young, educated Malaysians, as they are now the major force behind this IT Age Revolution, who are gradually aware about the importance of ICT and put in use in their daily life.
Yes, I hereby take an “e-oath” that I’ll be a responsible Blogotician and practice my rights to express my views freely (here and there!) for the betterment of the future of Bidayuh young ones…
In the name of “Hope for a Better Future” I swear, lah…
Disclaimer: Yes, correct! Come to know him (first) before you’ll love him (and NOT the other way round)… L.O.L.!!!
Recent Complaints by (the Dayak) Bloggers
Jordan Zwagerman on Been chased by a “killer lady”… tiyungdayak on The 415 entry… tiyungdayak on The 415 entry… Interesting Foto on The 415 entry… Interesting Foto on MONEY TALK – Part IV – “Financ… tiyungdayak on The boomed-bastic bastion… Papayuk on A ye-olde story revisited… Papayuk on Another “high” expectatio… tiyungdayak on Another “high” expectatio… tiyungdayak on Another “high” expectatio… Papayuk on Another “high” expectatio… tiyungdayak on Whata “double joy” celebr… tiyungdayak on Self-sufficiency…?!… tiyungdayak on Self-sufficiency…?!… tiyungdayak on Self-sufficiency…?!…
The Recruitment Drive is ON… Come and join us!
No. of complaints received so far...
- 46,504 complaints! Aiyah!!!
The Origins of Complainants…
The Origins of Complainants since January 6, 2011!
The Malaysian Time…
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- Battle @ Batang Ai – The graphical presentation…
- Video 101: How to be a (homegrown) “pirate”…Nowadays, the internet technology is kept on changing and developing, and so are the internet users. Therefore, the Dayak internet users have to change and develop (their mindset), too! Well, it’s DayakBaru.com’s tag: “CHANGE WE MUST“, right?! Yup, Obama did say “CHANGE“; MLTR did sing about “CHANGE” through their “I’m gonna come back” song… In […] […]
- SARIN Gas Posoning- a possible Herbal answer September 13, 2013Herbal tea could be the answer to SARIN Gas poisoning... Continue reading →
- Whose Health any Government is protecting? September 3, 2013Man normally makes Laws to benefit vested interests – the interests of their supporters and constituents. The enactment of Traditional and Complementary Medicine Act appears top fall into this category as i explore further into the Act where we had … Continue reading →
- SARIN Gas Posoning- a possible Herbal answer September 13, 2013
- Happy Gawai Christmas! + Beer vs. Milk For Dayaks? + Stop Double Festive Wastage! December 22, 2011Let’s examine a typical, average Christmas/Gawai expenses by a Dayak family: 1. Beers of 10 crates (6 crates Tiger Beer and 4 crates TsingTao Beer). The reason with buying two grades of beer is one for standard show-off for VIP guests and one for common visitors. Cost: Tiger Beer 6 crates/ RM65 X 6 = […]
- Mandatory IQ Test For Voters – Let’s Kick Out The Idiots From Voting! December 22, 2011This is perhaps another proposed solution for EC on how to improve our democracy: Mandatory IQ test for voters. There must be some sort of control and filtering for such an important decision-making process and democracy is at best not to be ruined by village idiots and pirates with MyKad. When democracy being hijacked by […]
- Happy Gawai Christmas! + Beer vs. Milk For Dayaks? + Stop Double Festive Wastage! December 22, 2011
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Canada’s ‘RICHEST WOMAN’ Jamilah Taib Gets Unwelcome Local Press December 6, 2013A popular Canadian satirical magazine has set its sights on Canada’s ‘richest woman’, Jamilah Taib. Frank Magazine is known for its scathing, if light-hearted, tone and it does not spare the Chief Minister’s daughter and her Canadian husband Sean Murray. In particular, it examines the evidence that their wealth is…
- BRIBED & BLACKMAILED! The Real Story Behind The Ending Of The 77 Day Murum Blockade December 5, 2013Just days after the Chief Minister announced in the State Parliament that he would "not pay a sen more" to the Penan of Murum we can reveal how Sarawak Energy officials BRIBED the blockading families to give up their protests! At the same time they BLACKMAILED them with threats....
- Don’t Con London Tourists! December 3, 2013A major advertising campaign is getting underway to entice British tourists to Malaysia. But, over the coming months Sarawak Report will be pointing out that it is a shocking con. Because, it is luring tourists with false images of the Borneo Jungle!
- OUTRAGED! December 1, 2013Taib Mahmud is genuinely outraged that the Penan want to secure their future with a proper compensation for the destruction of their homes and livelihoods. Yet we can demonstrate the shocking disparity between his wealth and theirs....
- ‘Modular Housing’ Scandal Brings Shame On CMS November 26, 2013Question No 2 in the Frequently Asked Questions guide about their Modular Housing by Cayha Mata Sarawak Berhad (CMS) has an unequivocal reply. In response to “What guarantees are given to the customer?” it answers “The structural integrity of the system is fully guaranteed and customers are furnished with a ten…
- Greedy Geneids Grabbing Again – EXCLUSIVE! November 24, 2013Once again local people in Sarawak have been forced to come out and protest against a greedy and un-regulated land grab. Once again a place of great natural beauty and enormous scientific importance is under threat. And once again it is the greedy Taib family who are behind the raid…
- Noble Gesture? How Taib Family Cashed In On Samariang While Poor Buyers Suffered November 23, 2013Sarawak Report has investigated how members of the Taib family started cashing-in on the Bandar Samariang project, straight after the Chief Minister had placed the vast 5,200 acre site into the hands of his own company CMS. The rip off has caused untold misery to poor house buyers, who have…
- How Taib Family Built Huge Housing Wealth In The Name Of Kuching’s Poor November 20, 2013The Taib family company CMS proudly boasts of its “vast land bank” in its annual reports and has started selling off chunks for tens of millions in Kuching. Commercial centres and grand housing estates are also being developed in two key areas, Bandar Samariang, where CMS has 5,200 acres,…
- DUMPED! Rajah Brooke Memorial Cross Left Cracked And Neglected On Junk Heap November 18, 2013Shocking disrespect towards one of Sarawak’s most treasured historical figures has come to light, with this image of a Rajah Brooke memorial cross, plucked from its position outside the Governor’s Mansion in Kuching and dumped in a junk heap. The white marble cross had stood in front of the Astana,…
- Sarawak & Sabah’s Christian Concern Raised In UK Parliament November 17, 2013This weekend the government religious department, Jakim, which operates out of the Prime Minister’s own office, issued a sermon to be read in all mosques condemning “liberal forces” on the internet, which it alleged were plotting to undermine Islam. Sarawak contributes a major proportion of the cost of this bloated…
- Canada’s ‘RICHEST WOMAN’ Jamilah Taib Gets Unwelcome Local Press December 6, 2013
- Canada’s ‘RICHEST WOMAN’ Jamilah Taib Gets Unwelcome Local Press December 10, 2013This post is also available in: Iban, MalayJamilah Taib and husband Hisham (Sean)A popular Canadian satirical magazine has set its sights on Canada’s ‘richest woman’, Jamilah Taib.Frank Magazine is known for its scathing, if light-hearted, tone and it does not spare the Chief Minister’s daughter and her Canadian husband Sean Murray.In particular, it examines […]
- Indigenous Peoples of Sarawak and Sabah commemorate Human Rights Day with demand to State Government to respect their rights December 10, 2013Mark BujangPress StatementToday is Human Rights Day and it is on this date that in 1950 the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, proclaiming its principles as the “common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations”.In the last Universal Periodic Review (UPR) conducted by the United Nations Human Righ […]
- See challenges State to global transparency December 10, 2013Posted on December 8, 2013, SundayKUCHING: PKR Sarawak vice chairman See Chee How yesterday called on the state government and Sarawak Energy Berhad (SEB) to discard the ‘kampung mentality’ if the state wants to pursue its objective of building 12 mega dams.He said the state must assume a ‘superpower mindset’ by adopting and implementing international standa […]
- NCR landowners in Lubok Antu warn of legal action December 10, 2013Posted on 09/12/2013 - 15:30Anna ChidambarKUCHING: When poor natives in Sarawak are pushed to the wall, they will resort to the counter action they know best – take up the matter in a court of law or take the law into their own hands.Now, don’t blame them if they resort to mounting blockades and use steelly determination to defend their land, homes and right […]
- Iban Christians to gather in Kuching to pray for religious freedom December 10, 2013BY DESMOND DAVIDSONDECEMBER 10, 2013Christian groups in Sarawak have expressed fears that the October 14 Allah ruling infringes upon their religious freedom. - The Malaysian Insider pic, December 10, 2013.More than 10,000 Iban Christians in Malaysia will gather in Kuching this week where they will remind Putrajaya to respect the Malaysia Agreement with Sabah […]
- Myanmar may score better than Malaysia on human rights, says Suhakam chief December 10, 2013BY SHERIDAN MAHAVERADECEMBER 10, 2013LATEST UPDATE: DECEMBER 10, 2013 02:10 PMHasmy says Putrajaya should ratify more of the nine human rights instruments. - The Malaysian Insider pic by Afif Abd Halim, December 10, 2013.Myanmar, which until recently was considered a "pariah state", may one day overtake Malaysia in meeting international standards f […]
- Hundreds protest against Sarawak state gov't December 10, 2013Dukau Papau1:43PM Dec 10, 2013 Native landowners from as far as Simunjan, Sebangan, Lundu and Sri Aman displayed a united stand at a rally in Kuching today.They urged Sarawak Chief Minister Abdul Taib Mahmud to return lands that have been grabbed, to respect the rights of the natives on land and respect the decision of the courts on the definition of native […]
- Same annual ‘shame’ for Malaysia’s global educational standards December 7, 2013Last updated on 07/12/2013 - 07:42Posted on 05/12/2013 - 20:00Ng Kee SengExecutive EditorCOMMENT: It is that time of the year end when global or international ratings or assessments start making its rounds in the media.No matter how one spins a story, the statistics and figures don’t lie. Just call a spade a spade, nothing else.For Malaysia, it is the same […]
- Graft continues to plague Malaysia amid deepening economic woes December 7, 2013Posted on 07/12/2013 - 11:00Ng Kee SengExecutive EditorCOMMENT: After 56 years of Alliance and then Barisan Nasional-Umno (BN-Umno) rule, Malaysia’s 26 million populace is saddled with a federal debt of RM800 billion, according to then Deputy International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Muhkriz Mahathir in his briefing for Universiti Utara Malaysia ( […]
- 'Our average student four years behind Singapore's' December 7, 20132:58PM Dec 6, 2013 The average 15-year-old Malaysian is now trailing by at least four years of school education behind those in Singapore, China, and Hong Kong, DAP supremo Lim Kit Siang said today.He said that this was based on the International Student Assessment (PISA) results released earlier this week, showing Malaysia ranking 52nd out of 74 participati […]
- Canada’s ‘RICHEST WOMAN’ Jamilah Taib Gets Unwelcome Local Press December 10, 2013
- The Corruption Of Sarawak's Rainforests By Taib Mahmud & His Cronies November 30, 2013Spears versus bulldozers in BorneoBy Jonathan Gorvett in Sarawak State, BorneoThe Penan in Long Deloh say the land around their homes has belonged to them for generationsIn the jungles of central Borneo, loggers and native tribes, environmentalists and plantation companies, rights lawyers and government developers are now locked in an increasingly desperate […]
- What The Republic Of Sarawak Should Be October 17, 2013I will repeat what Juk Den https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002013592930 has said below at Free Malaysia Today http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2013/10/17/pelawaan-isma-disambut-baik/: (The Republic of Sarawak will be): 1. Independent Republic where the president is elected for two 5 year term: 2. Head of State to be Elected 3. All […]
- Sarawak Will Have Its Independence October 9, 2013Till independence us do part Mariam Mokhtar8:06AM Sep 16, 2013Malaysiakini The union of the East Malaysian states of Sabah and Sarawak with the Federation of Malaya was never a marriage made in heaven. Like most relationships, one partner is doing all the giving, whilst the other is happy not to contribute. When cracks begin to show, and the wife demands […]
- Let's Blame The Sarawak Voters June 17, 2013Sarawak voters act on the presumption that 1 bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. They expect to be bribed by both sides, even with peanuts, not realising or believing what their BN leaders & so-called representatives are getting away with. Electoral bribery, corrupt practices, threats & intimidation are rampant, yet it is not easy to gather evidence […]
- The Trust of Leadership May 28, 2013The trust of leadership Ikim ViewsBy Dr Mohd Sani Badron Betrayal of trust of leadership, abuse of public funds and having no concern for the welfare of the economically needy renders even one’s religious rituals and profession of faith hypocritical. ISLAMIC history is rich with traditions and anecdotes which contain sufficient counsel for people of power an […]
- BN Admits Complicity In Illegal Practices Constituting Election Offences May 2, 2013Chartered flights paid for by 'friends of BN', says Ku NanMalaysiakini May 2, 2013Comments by Sarawak Headhunter in red as usual. BN secretary-general Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor has denied PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim's claims that "dubious" voters from East Malaysia will be flown in chartered flights to the peninsula to vote […]
- UMNo/BN's Dirty Tricks to Stop RFM, RFS & Sarawak Report April 11, 2013Radio Free Malaysia, Radio Free Sarawak and Sarawak Report all HackedThe websites for Radio Free Malaysia, Radio Free Sarawak and the news portal Sarawak Report, which represent free media in Malaysia, have all been subject to relentless DDOS attacks since the beginning of this week.Today, Thursday 11th April, the sites were hacked and all three were brought […]
- What UMNo Malays Don't Realise Or Don't Want To Accept April 10, 2013Why can’t some Malays accept the fact? April 10, 2013 FMT LETTER: From Fishmonger, via e-mailIt is very difficult to get many Malays to understand and accept the sad fact that Umno, the one founded by Tunku Abdul Rahman, is dead and gone. Deregistered as enginered by Mahathir a/l Iskandar Kutty.Mahathir in his anger at being sacked from Umno by Tunku, plotte […]
- Who Will Win What In Sarawak In GE-13 UPDATED March 28, 2013Who will win what in Sarawak in GE-13 UpdatedThe Sarawak BN is confident that it will have at least 25 in the bag out of 31 seats. At least that's what audacious Audie thinks. See his blog posting here.Sarawak Headhunter thinks it will be the other way around and that 22 seats will go to PR and 9 to BN. One thing for sure and that is that the Chinese c […]
- Malayans Never Listen To Sabah Or Sarawak March 5, 2013Is anybody listening to what Sabahans want?Lucy Ahmed4:11PM Mar 4, 2013 When speaking of the recent Sabah intrusion incident, many people are trying to relate it only to the bigger picture of the Malaysian government's political issues.But it is much deeper than that as it has crept into the fabric of the social lives of Sabahans.I am here talking becau […]
- The Corruption Of Sarawak's Rainforests By Taib Mahmud & His Cronies November 30, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Kugan case: police, government appeal for hearing on Feb 28, next year December 9, 2013The Court of Appeal here has fixed Feb 28, next year to hear the appeals brought by the police, government and a former constable against a high court decision which found them liable for the death of A. Kugan and ordered them to pay his family RM801,700 in damages. read more
- The sharpest image, smarter devices and voice and gesture control: the latest consumer electronics luxuries December 9, 2013How is luxury defined in the world of consumer electronics? What convinces the ultra-rich to spend more than the average consumer on home stereo systems and TVs? The latest innovations are often offered at exorbitant prices, so that being on the very cutting edge of technology becomes a type of luxury in itself. As a result, the very notion of what makes a c […]
- Ziplining takes winery tours to new heights December 9, 2013Wine lovers who also happen to be adrenaline junkies are being courted in an emerging trend with ziplining tours that soar above vineyard canopies. There is a disclaimer, however: don’t drink and zip. read more
- Anti-Profiteering Act to curb abuse of GST: Ahmad Maslan December 9, 2013The government will use the Price Control and Anti-Profiteering Act 2011 to ensure businesses do not hike prices of goods indiscriminately once the Goods and Services Tax (GST) is implemented in April 2015. read more
- Age of sexual violence victims becomes younger December 9, 2013Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) Anthropology and Sociology Associate Professor Dr. Sundramoorthy Pathma said that parents with minor children should know that they carry the greatest responsible for their children's personal safety and should never assume that their children have more or less ability to resist. read more
- Flood conditions improve in Pahang, Kelantan, Johor but no changes in Terengganu December 9, 2013Improvement in weather conditions saw a drop in the number of flood victims at flood relief centres (FRC) in Pahang and Kelantan this morning but conditions remained unchanged in Terengganu. read more
- Flood victims gratitude for timely relief December 9, 2013Sungai Lembing flood victims who had encountered four times of floods in a week immediately swallowed down the bread and biscuits brought by the Sin Chew Daily relief team, regardless of mud on their hands. read more
- Walk this way, says China's heavy metal shoe maker December 9, 2013A Chinese factory worker says walking in huge iron shoes weighing more than 200 kilograms each can cure back pain, but faces hefty competition in his bid to build the country's heaviest footwear. read more
- More preferences will undermine competitiveness December 9, 2013Various remarks showed us a preference of maintaining the status quo and the unwillingness to reform and innovate, which are very much needed to drive national progress. read more
- S'pore PM says gov't to deal with culprits of Little India riots December 9, 2013Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has described the Little India riots on Sunday night as a 'very grave incident' and said the government will spare no effort to identify the culprits and deal with them with the full force of the law. read more
- Kugan case: police, government appeal for hearing on Feb 28, next year December 9, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Logo of New NRO Spy Satellite: An Octopus Engulfing the World with the Words “Nothing is Beyond Our Reach” Underneath December 9, 2013On December 5th, The National Reconnaissance Office launched a new spy satellite called NROL-39 from Vandenberg Air Force Base in [...]The post Logo of New NRO Spy Satellite: An Octopus Engulfing the World with the Words “Nothing is Beyond Our Reach” Underneath appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Charles Manson and His New Slave “Star” December 6, 2013It turns out that handlers have no limitation. Charles Mason (79), American criminal, currently sentenced to life in prison, will [...]The post Charles Manson and His New Slave “Star” appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Prescription For A New Day December 4, 2013When scouring around in cyberspace I think we can all agree that there is no shortage of comments and discussion [...]The post Prescription For A New Day appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The Esoteric Interpretation of the Movie “9″: Heralding the Age of Horus December 3, 2013Tim Burton’s “9″ is a computer animated movie that was released on 9/9/09. While some critics claimed that the movie [...]The post The Esoteric Interpretation of the Movie “9″: Heralding the Age of Horus appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The Kardashian 2013 Christmas Card: A Tribute to the Illuminati Entertainment Industry December 2, 2013If there was an award for the less Christmas-y Christmas card in the History of the world, I believe that [...]The post The Kardashian 2013 Christmas Card: A Tribute to the Illuminati Entertainment Industry appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The War Behind All Wars November 28, 2013The war behind all wars is a war on words; a war on language. For instance, in today’s world independence [...]The post The War Behind All Wars appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- “What Now” Reveals a Different Side of Rihanna November 22, 2013Rihanna’s latest video “What Now” is yet another tribute to the elites, however, this time, with a new flare. Rihanna [...]The post “What Now” Reveals a Different Side of Rihanna appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Lady Gaga – A puppet who’s slowly starting to expose the Industry! November 21, 2013Lady Gaga’s latest era has been really strange since it’s started (oh, like it’s the first one which is really [...]The post Lady Gaga – A puppet who’s slowly starting to expose the Industry! appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- New Reports Claim that Brittany Murphy Was Under Surveillance and Poisoned to Death November 20, 2013Ever since her untimely death at the young age of 32, Brittany Murphy’s father Angelo Bertolotti has been claiming that [...]The post New Reports Claim that Brittany Murphy Was Under Surveillance and Poisoned to Death appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Symbolic Pics of the Month (11/13) November 19, 2013In this edition of SPOTM: Leona Lewis, Rihanna, Lebron James and a bunch of proving that Illuminati symbolism is omnipresent [...]The post Symbolic Pics of the Month (11/13) appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Logo of New NRO Spy Satellite: An Octopus Engulfing the World with the Words “Nothing is Beyond Our Reach” Underneath December 9, 2013
Site infoTiyung Dayak – “The Sour Dayak Apple” in Bidayuh Politics
The Andreas04 Theme.