The 415 entry…
I’m home and ready to exercise my rights and duty tomorrow! I also bought a piece of STABILO eraser – to be sliced into thinly pieces and shared among my buddies tonight. And these thinly pieces will then be recycled by giving it away to other voters tomorrow!
Well, I didn’t have a chance to attend any political rally in town; but then, the poster war among the warring factions is quite intense! Among the catchy phrases: “416*: Bye Bye Taib” and “Vote SUPP = Vote Taib”… Phew!
Guess what!? On the way back home this afternoon, I saw few contract workers were busying themselves putting up a SNAP banner! Kinda of “It’s now or never”, lah… Was it due to its low budget allocation?!
In the remote area, the campaign wasn’t really happening due to the presence of watchdogs! However, the warring factions do have its own way to entice potential voters into their camp! Yeah; vote buying is obvious and no one could argue on that!
I would say that the elders are very hard to accept change; meaning that “No money, no vote (for you)!” We – as the aware voters – should ask ourselves: Is money really matters to make up one’s mind?
And that’s political corruption!
The Balat Nipu faction have to sponsor food and beverages; including promises and millions of Ringgit worth of projects to entice its potential voters. They did so as they knew (and still assume) that there are potential voters out there who are easily to be bought. Besides, gomen servants are also in dilemma; voting the opposition in means loss of income, promotion, allowances and other privy! Well, we can describe this situation (involving both Balat Nipu and potential voters) as “selling their souls to the devil” lah!
Anyway, I’m not sure whether the opposition did the same. What I knew of is that whether it’s rain or sunshine, day time or night time, thousands of people attended its political gatherings – based on free will! Are these potential voters waiting for their political savior? It could be; but then, some of them could also be the Balat Nipu spies…
The younger, educated generation – unlike their elders – are not prone to money politics! They do aware about their rights (including hardship); they are prone to change and ascribed to power-based politics!
Should the Balat Nipu faction win this election tomorrow (night), I could assume that its win is due to election fraud (e.g. switching of original ballot boxes with the “crafted” ones)! And it’s up to the defeated faction to ask for vote recount – which is a must!
Well, I’m trying my best to canvass support from my buddies and other youngsters to cast their votes for opposition – till the eleventh hour – God willing! Whether it’s a win or lose game, that would be hard to tell…
So, happy voting, folks! Do bring your own, thinly sliced eraser and share it with other voters tomorrow! Who knows, the (eraser) sharing could be a blessing in disguise – where our state wealth could be shared equally by all ethnic groups found in Sarawak – in the near future!
* “416” means “April 16 (2011)”…
3 Comments »
Tiyung Dayak a.k.a. Teddy a.k.a. Ted a.k.a. TD
Who is this Tiyung Dayak guy?!
Yes, I have appointed myself as a Blogotician prior to the 12th General Election, which was held all over Malaysia on March 08, 2008. And for the first time in Malaysian history since her independence from the Brits 50 years ago, 2/3 of BN majority has been denied by the opposition. Yes, thanks again to the advancement of ICT – the domain factor that has proves its effectiveness in this cyber war games, where blogs and blogging are the submain factors that has and ever will influence voters’ perception toward ineffective Malaysian leaders (and not just the ineffective Bidayuh leaders).
Since time immemorial (?!), the Malaysians have been denied the truth and most of the time they have been fed with true lies through the gomen-controlled mainstream media! Based on my random survey, it is safe for me to conclude that almost 85% of Malaysian population did not have access to the ICT. But then, there is hope for the better, especially among the young, educated Malaysians, as they are now the major force behind this IT Age Revolution, who are gradually aware about the importance of ICT and put in use in their daily life.
Yes, I hereby take an “e-oath” that I’ll be a responsible Blogotician and practice my rights to express my views freely (here and there!) for the betterment of the future of Bidayuh young ones…
In the name of “Hope for a Better Future” I swear, lah…
Disclaimer: Yes, correct! Come to know him (first) before you’ll love him (and NOT the other way round)… L.O.L.!!!
Recent Complaints by (the Dayak) Bloggers
Jordan Zwagerman on Been chased by a “killer lady”… tiyungdayak on The 415 entry… tiyungdayak on The 415 entry… Interesting Foto on The 415 entry… Interesting Foto on MONEY TALK – Part IV – “Financ… tiyungdayak on The boomed-bastic bastion… Papayuk on A ye-olde story revisited… Papayuk on Another “high” expectation… tiyungdayak on Another “high” expectation… tiyungdayak on Another “high” expectation… Papayuk on Another “high” expectation… tiyungdayak on Whata “double joy” celebr… tiyungdayak on Self-sufficiency…?! Uhmm… tiyungdayak on Self-sufficiency…?! Uhmm… tiyungdayak on Self-sufficiency…?! Uhmm…
The Recruitment Drive is ON… Come and join us!
No. of complaints received so far...
- 46,927 complaints! Aiyah!!!
The Origins of Complainants…
The Origins of Complainants since January 6, 2011!
The Malaysian Time…
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- Battle @ Batang Ai – The graphical presentation…
- Video 101: How to be a (homegrown) “pirate”…Nowadays, the internet technology is kept on changing and developing, and so are the internet users. Therefore, the Dayak internet users have to change and develop (their mindset), too! Well, it’s DayakBaru.com’s tag: “CHANGE WE MUST“, right?! Yup, Obama did say “CHANGE“; MLTR did sing about “CHANGE” through their “I’m gonna come back” song… In […] […]
- Bye 2013, welocme 2014 December 31, 2013I am very happy to say good bye to 2013 with no regrets…. much have happened but the beauty of 2013 is that I have survived it socially, financially and politically… Socially I have met and made more new friends … Continue reading →
- SARIN Gas Posoning- a possible Herbal answer September 13, 2013Herbal tea could be the answer to SARIN Gas poisoning... Continue reading →
- Bye 2013, welocme 2014 December 31, 2013
- Happy Gawai Christmas! + Beer vs. Milk For Dayaks? + Stop Double Festive Wastage! December 22, 2011Let’s examine a typical, average Christmas/Gawai expenses by a Dayak family: 1. Beers of 10 crates (6 crates Tiger Beer and 4 crates TsingTao Beer). The reason with buying two grades of beer is one for standard show-off for VIP guests and one for common visitors. Cost: Tiger Beer 6 crates/ RM65 X 6 = […]
- Mandatory IQ Test For Voters – Let’s Kick Out The Idiots From Voting! December 22, 2011This is perhaps another proposed solution for EC on how to improve our democracy: Mandatory IQ test for voters. There must be some sort of control and filtering for such an important decision-making process and democracy is at best not to be ruined by village idiots and pirates with MyKad. When democracy being hijacked by […]
- Happy Gawai Christmas! + Beer vs. Milk For Dayaks? + Stop Double Festive Wastage! December 22, 2011
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Malaysia rejects indigenous rights at the UN March 14, 2014Malaysia has rejected a suggestion at the United Nations that the UN Special Rapporteur on Indigenous Rights should be allowed to visit the country and evaluate the treatment of the Orang Ulu. This was one of many recommendations which Malaysia has rejected since its Periodic Review (UPR) at the United…
- Flight MH 370 Continues To Shine An Unwelcome Spotlight On BN March 13, 2014The growing criticism of the world media in the light of the Malaysian Government’s inept responses to the shocking disappearance of Malaysian Airlines 370 six days ago has prompted an unwelcome analysis of BN’s political system. After all, the catastrophe came the very day after the disgraceful conviction of the…
- Flight MH370 Exposes BN Weaknesses Worldwide March 12, 2014Malaysians are used to suffering under third rate leaders, promoted because of family not merit, and they are used to incompetence (or worse) being ignored or covered up by a compliant media. However, others are not. As the days have rolled by since the disappearance of Flight MH370, more and…
- Mega-Dams Create Economic Disaster Says Top Study March 11, 2014Mega-dams are always promoted as key agents of progress and prosperity by the governments and business interests supporting them. Taib Mahmud is no exception with his pet project SCORE, which involves building no less than 12 more mega-dams in Sarawak, starting with 5 in the next 12 months. However, a…
- What The Wider World Thinks About Governor Taib March 9, 2014In his final speech before taking over as Governor Taib Mahmud lingered on his poor reputation abroad, which is clearly troubling him. He tasked Malaysia’s foreign envoys with the job of convincing outsiders that Sarawak is a model of good governance and then he complained about ‘malicious’ NGOs, who have…
- Najib Re-brands Malaysia! March 7, 2014Hundreds of millions of ringgit of public money have been spent by BN on foreign public relations. All that money and effort has now been wasted by one simple decision to make a martyr of the opposition leader. The world can no longer be gulled that Malaysia is a modern,…
- Half a Billion Ringgit! The Turnover On Taib’s Latest Foreign Property Venture March 6, 2014Sarawak Report can reveal that the turnover on the Taib family’s latest foreign property venture in the UK has been over half a billion ringgit (100 million pounds sterling) so far and it is still rising. The Ridgeford Properties development in Bolsover Street, Central London, which comprises several flats, has…
- Taib Plans To Commission A Better Reputation March 1, 2014Taib has grabbed the Governorship, but now he is worrying about his reputation. In his outgoing speech as Chief Minister he chose to focus on the international bad publicity over his destruction of the rainforest; his rolling out of oil palm plantations and his self-enrichment in the process. Clearly, this…
- To Appoint Taib Is To Become Complicit In Corruption – Najib Should Delay February 27, 2014Taib has made clear that he expects to be appointed Governor today, with an audience scheduled to meet the Agong at the Istana Negara at 3pm. He has informed people that he believes that this will elevate him to a similar status to the British Queen, dispensing advice and held in…
- BMF Hit By Cyber-Attack On Eve Of Major Book Launch February 26, 2014The Swiss NGO Bruno Manser Fund (BMF) had its website brought down by a cyber-attack today, 26th February. The ‘break-in’ appeared to be a highly professional hack, according to the NGO’s web-team and it comes at a crucial moment politically for Taib Mahmud, who is facing a local and international…
- Malaysia rejects indigenous rights at the UN March 14, 2014
- ‘Poor handling of crisis tarnishing image’ March 14, 2014K PragalathMarch 14, 2014Najib has caused Malaysia's image to be tarnished in the international circle for his poor handling of the missing plane crisis, says AnwarKAJANG: Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim said Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak’s weak leadership in handling the missing MH370 flight crisis has caused Malaysia’s image to be tarnished in the in […]
- Bar AGM to consider move to ask retired judges to stop litigating in court March 14, 2014BY V. ANBALAGAN, ASSISTANT NEWS EDITORMARCH 14, 2014Bar Council chairman Christopher Leong says there is a public perception that former judges have an unfair advantage when they appear in court. – The Malaysian Insider file pic, March 14, 2014.Lawyers will decide tomorrow whether retired judges should be prohibited from representing clients in court, accord […]
- Challenge for Malaysia to give out timely and accurate reports on MH370, says report March 14, 2014MARCH 14, 2014Crew members from the Royal Malaysian Air Force prepare a Malaysian Air Force CN235 aircraft for a Search and Rescue (SAR) operation to find the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, in the Straits of Malacca yesterday. – Reuters pic, March 14, 2014.Malaysian authorities are facing a dilemma in giving out timely and accurate information to fa […]
- EU concerned over 'selective prosecution' March 14, 2014The European Union (EU) representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy has expressed concern over the selective prosecution done on opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim and the hasty conclusion in the prosecution’s appeal.Its Foreign Affairs and Security Policy vice-president Catherine Ashton, in a statement today, expressed her strong sentiment over the […]
- Malaysian leaders showing how out of depth they are handling MH370, says NYT reporter March 13, 2014MARCH 13, 2014Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency personnel taking part in search and rescue operations for the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Boeing 777-200, in Tok Bali, Pasir Puteh, Kelantan yesterday. An American journalist says the country's leaders appear inept in handling a case of global proportion such as the MAS plane's disappearance. […]
- Flight MH370 Exposes BN Weaknesses Worldwide March 13, 2014False leads have brought more agony for bereaved.Malaysians are used to suffering under third rate leaders, promoted because of family not merit, and they are used to incompetence (or worse) being ignored or covered up by a compliant media.However, others are not.As the days have rolled by since the disappearance of Flight MH370, more and more countries with […]
- Mega-Dams Create Economic Disaster Says Top Study March 13, 2014Hoover Dam – gave water to Los Angeles… but destroyed the Colorado River system and huge areas of wild life.Mega-dams are always promoted as key agents of progress and prosperity by the governments and business interests supporting them.Taib Mahmud is no exception with his pet project SCORE, which involves building no less than 12 more mega-dams in Sarawak, […]
- Anwar’s verdict - who is really guilty? March 12, 201410:33AM Mar 11, 2014MP SPEAKS Anwar Ibrahim was found guilty by the Court of Appeal. Given the political scenario, in particular the Kajang Move, the decision was not really a surprise. After all, Anwar’s trial or appeal has never been usual to begin with.When the Kajang Move was initiated by Anwar, his enemies also moved other initiatives. Apparently for no […]
- Failure to manage MH370 crisis exposing Malaysia’s leadership limit, say analysts March 12, 2014MARCH 12, 2014Guo Shao Chun (third from right), head of a joint working group sent by Chinese government to Malaysia with 13 other members made up from the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Public Security, the Transport Ministry and the Civil Aviation Administration, during meeting with the Malaysian investigation team into the missing MH370 today. – The Ma […]
- International jurists body slams High Court decision on Karpal, says his right to give legal opinion March 12, 2014BY V. ANBALAGAN, ASSISTANT NEWS EDITORMARCH 11, 2014Karpal Singh at the High Court today. He says he is standing by his statement that the Sultan of Perak is not above the law. – The Malaysian Insider pic, March 11, 2014.The Geneva-based International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) has come to the defence of prominent lawyer Karpal Singh, following the guilty v […]
- ‘Poor handling of crisis tarnishing image’ March 14, 2014
- The Corruption Of Sarawak's Rainforests By Taib Mahmud & His Cronies November 30, 2013Spears versus bulldozers in BorneoBy Jonathan Gorvett in Sarawak State, BorneoThe Penan in Long Deloh say the land around their homes has belonged to them for generationsIn the jungles of central Borneo, loggers and native tribes, environmentalists and plantation companies, rights lawyers and government developers are now locked in an increasingly desperate […]
- What The Republic Of Sarawak Should Be October 17, 2013I will repeat what Juk Den https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002013592930 has said below at Free Malaysia Today http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2013/10/17/pelawaan-isma-disambut-baik/: (The Republic of Sarawak will be): 1. Independent Republic where the president is elected for two 5 year term: 2. Head of State to be Elected 3. All […]
- Sarawak Will Have Its Independence October 9, 2013Till independence us do part Mariam Mokhtar8:06AM Sep 16, 2013Malaysiakini The union of the East Malaysian states of Sabah and Sarawak with the Federation of Malaya was never a marriage made in heaven. Like most relationships, one partner is doing all the giving, whilst the other is happy not to contribute. When cracks begin to show, and the wife demands […]
- Let's Blame The Sarawak Voters June 17, 2013Sarawak voters act on the presumption that 1 bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. They expect to be bribed by both sides, even with peanuts, not realising or believing what their BN leaders & so-called representatives are getting away with. Electoral bribery, corrupt practices, threats & intimidation are rampant, yet it is not easy to gather evidence […]
- The Trust of Leadership May 28, 2013The trust of leadership Ikim ViewsBy Dr Mohd Sani Badron Betrayal of trust of leadership, abuse of public funds and having no concern for the welfare of the economically needy renders even one’s religious rituals and profession of faith hypocritical. ISLAMIC history is rich with traditions and anecdotes which contain sufficient counsel for people of power an […]
- BN Admits Complicity In Illegal Practices Constituting Election Offences May 2, 2013Chartered flights paid for by 'friends of BN', says Ku NanMalaysiakini May 2, 2013Comments by Sarawak Headhunter in red as usual. BN secretary-general Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor has denied PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim's claims that "dubious" voters from East Malaysia will be flown in chartered flights to the peninsula to vote […]
- UMNo/BN's Dirty Tricks to Stop RFM, RFS & Sarawak Report April 11, 2013Radio Free Malaysia, Radio Free Sarawak and Sarawak Report all HackedThe websites for Radio Free Malaysia, Radio Free Sarawak and the news portal Sarawak Report, which represent free media in Malaysia, have all been subject to relentless DDOS attacks since the beginning of this week.Today, Thursday 11th April, the sites were hacked and all three were brought […]
- What UMNo Malays Don't Realise Or Don't Want To Accept April 10, 2013Why can’t some Malays accept the fact? April 10, 2013 FMT LETTER: From Fishmonger, via e-mailIt is very difficult to get many Malays to understand and accept the sad fact that Umno, the one founded by Tunku Abdul Rahman, is dead and gone. Deregistered as enginered by Mahathir a/l Iskandar Kutty.Mahathir in his anger at being sacked from Umno by Tunku, plotte […]
- Who Will Win What In Sarawak In GE-13 UPDATED March 28, 2013Who will win what in Sarawak in GE-13 UpdatedThe Sarawak BN is confident that it will have at least 25 in the bag out of 31 seats. At least that's what audacious Audie thinks. See his blog posting here.Sarawak Headhunter thinks it will be the other way around and that 22 seats will go to PR and 9 to BN. One thing for sure and that is that the Chinese c […]
- Malayans Never Listen To Sabah Or Sarawak March 5, 2013Is anybody listening to what Sabahans want?Lucy Ahmed4:11PM Mar 4, 2013 When speaking of the recent Sabah intrusion incident, many people are trying to relate it only to the bigger picture of the Malaysian government's political issues.But it is much deeper than that as it has crept into the fabric of the social lives of Sabahans.I am here talking becau […]
- The Corruption Of Sarawak's Rainforests By Taib Mahmud & His Cronies November 30, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- EC mulling stiffer penalty for reps quitting without valid reasons February 13, 2014The Election Commission (EC) will study the need and proposal to amend the penalty on elected representatives who resign without any logical reason. read more
- China ponders energy strategy February 13, 2014China's leading think tank has outlined a revamped energy strategy, highlighting new energy and calling for industrial transformation. read more
- Fears for Hong Kong press freedom as China flexes muscle February 13, 2014Hong Kong's status as a bastion of press freedom is being eroded by creeping self-censorship under pressure from Beijing and media bosses loath to lose business in China, insiders are warning. read more
- GDP growth to be around 5% this year: analysts February 13, 2014Following a better-than-expected fourth quarter gross domestic product (GDP) result of 5.1 per cent as announced by Bank Negara Malaysia yesterday, analysts are optimistic 2014's will be around five per cent. read more
- US sets November trial in Boston bombings February 13, 2014A US judge has set a November trial date for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the chief suspect accused of bombing last year's Boston marathon, killing three people and wounding 260 others. read more
- Visitors take a dip in chocolate spa in Japan February 13, 2014(Japan, HAKONE-AFP) - Visitors soak in a chocolate spa in a resort in Hakone, Japan. Copyright (AFP RELAXNEWS/ AFPTV), 2013.
- RM38.774bn FDI in 2013: MITI February 13, 2014Malaysia attracted RM38.774 billion in Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) in 2013, an increase of 24 per cent compared with the RM31.116 billion recorded for 2012. read more
- Android extends gains on Apple, Windows Phone is third February 13, 2014The Google Android system extended its gains over Apple's iPhone globally in the last quarter of 2013, and Windows Phone grabbed the number three market position, a survey showed Wednesday. read more
- Adenan declines comment on being named next CM February 13, 2014Sarawak Minister in the Chief Minister's Office (Special Functions) Tan Sri Adenan Satem has declined to comment on being named the next chief minister. read more
- February 11, 1964.. The Beatles' first legendary US concert February 13, 2014(United States, Washington-AFP) - February 11, 1964: the Beatles performed in the United States for the first time. 50 years on and we return to the scene -- a DC boxing ring -- with the photographer who immortalized the legendary concert. Copyright (AFP RELAXNEWS/ AFPTV), 2013. […]
- EC mulling stiffer penalty for reps quitting without valid reasons February 13, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Modern Scientific Community – The New Church & How Technology Is A Drug Part I March 14, 2014Let me start by saying two things. First, I am an Orthodox Christian. I will do my best at staying [...] The post Modern Scientific Community – The New Church & How Technology Is A Drug Part I appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Army STEM “Walkthrough” at High School March 12, 2014Hello citizens, I am a high school student, and something happened the other day that I found rather peculiar. I [...] The post Army STEM “Walkthrough” at High School appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The Esoteric Meaning of the Movie “Prisoners” March 11, 2014“Prisoners” is a 2013 thriller film about the abduction of two girls in Pennsylvania. Behind this crime story is an [...] The post The Esoteric Meaning of the Movie “Prisoners” appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing? Christian Music Artist TobyMac and the Illuminati March 4, 2014Toby McKeehan, better known by his stage name TobyMac, is a Grammy-award winning Christian music artist who was one of [...] The post A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing? Christian Music Artist TobyMac and the Illuminati appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Huffington, Greenwald and the Birth of the Purple Pill Media March 3, 2014In order to neuter the raging cobra of the alternative media, the globalists seem to be launching several new platforms [...] The post Huffington, Greenwald and the Birth of the Purple Pill Media appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- “Don’t Make Me Go Back, Mommy” : A Creepy Children’s Book About Satanic Ritual Abuse February 28, 2014“Don’t Make Me Go Back, Mommy”, is a children’s book published in 1990 written by author Doris Sanford. According to [...] The post “Don’t Make Me Go Back, Mommy” : A Creepy Children’s Book About Satanic Ritual Abuse appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Oscars 2014 Preview – Spoiler Alert Leaked Clip (funny video / JoyCamp) February 27, 2014Benny and Kevin from JoyCamp were thrilled to be invited back to the Academy Awards. They had a lot of [...] The post Oscars 2014 Preview – Spoiler Alert Leaked Clip (funny video / JoyCamp) appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- A Critical Analysis of Symbolism and Religious and Cult Behavior February 25, 2014A Critical Analysis of Religious and Cult Behavior and Symbolism Vigilant Citizen is well known for articles revealing the symbolism [...] The post A Critical Analysis of Symbolism and Religious and Cult Behavior appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Katy Perry’s “Dark Horse”: One Big, Children-Friendly Tribute to the Illuminati February 24, 2014Katy Perry’s “Dark Horse” is a fun and colorful video taking place in Ancient Egypt. However, behind the cartoonish style [...] The post Katy Perry’s “Dark Horse”: One Big, Children-Friendly Tribute to the Illuminati appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- The Box February 12, 2014Ancient cultures worshiped the stars that litter the heavens because they understood the effects they have on our minds, bodies [...] The post The Box appeared first on The Vigilant Citizen.
- Modern Scientific Community – The New Church & How Technology Is A Drug Part I March 14, 2014