Virtual Library as the Web of Knowledge…
I’ve noticed that the Dayaks – wherever they might be – are interested to know more about the natives’ rights to land in Sarawak. Well, I have few references on that subject, which are available online. Some of the files are downloadable in PDF (Portable Document Format). If you don’t have the Adobe Acrobat Reader (including other free software), kindly download it here. One good practice: Create a folder within your internal or external hard disk to keep the downloaded files (including its links), as you might need it for “referencing” in the future.
OK, folks! I know that some of you are yawning back there. “So, what’s the story for today after the Jako Pesan?” as some of you might wonder, right?!
To begin with, in thesundaypost today (thesundaypost. 2009. Hydro dams proposed for Baram, Limbang. January 18, 2009 Edition), (Dr.) A J Numpang has announced that the state gomen will proceed with the proposed construction of Baram and Limbang dams. Well, I’ll scan the news cutting next time for the benefits of “oversea” Dayak readers. Anyway, I’m not sure whether Murum hydro power dam project has started or not. So, there are going to be three new hydro power dams (including Murum hydro power dam) to be built in Sarawak (out of 12 dams), right? Nope! Based on reliable information (it’s straight from the horse’s mouth), Baram, Limbang and Murum are designated with one, four and one hydro power dam(s), respectively! And of course, it’ll be another high inflation again – once the projects are commenced!
Again, (Dr.) Numpang also talked about the very bright prospect of setting up another Mystical & Mythical Plantations Plc. in both Baram and Limbang. Good for the folks over there, as their pre-printed blank cheques (compensation money) – as according to (Dr.) Numpang – will be put “in good use” (Take note on that, folks!). Yup, the top priority is for the establishment of SCORE – Sure Can, Only Remove (the natives) – (and for sure they’ll) Evict! You might be wondering: Am I against development for the people of Baram and Limbang? No, but I’m against the debolotment of natural resources – that’s all!
Do you believe that there will be only 12 new hydro power dams to be built in Sarawak? I don’t buy it! And then, it’ll be Made in China thing, as Mahater(ror) and other 20% of fanatic Malaysians are boycotting US products! Why Mahater(ror) should ask us – the remaining 80% Malaysians – to blame Israel and the US? It’s a common knowledge that he and his family members (including cronies) kept millions of US Dollars (it could worth billions of US Dollars by now!) in the Israeli National Bank in Singapore – plundered during his infamous 22-year regime! Hypocrite! Ooops…
By the way, do you remember the tragic end of the late assemblyman, together with six others – PMC Chairman; SESCO CEO, its Northern Region Manager and an engineer; a business contractor and the helicopter pilot? The questionable questions: Why SESCO top management team members were with him? Was it coincidental? Were they just flown around for fun? Yup, it’s history. Well, there’s a rumor that they flew into that area in search of suitable rapid(s) to be developed as dam(s) for future hydro power generation (and not just “to study a possible gridline for telecommunications and power projects” as reported). To cut it short, just remember this: the magic number isn’t 12, folks!
Eh, cakap punya cakap, so, here are the references for native land rights in Sarawak:
8. Native Customary Laws and Natives Rights over Land (Pro-gomen)
From time to time, (and IF I got the time), I’ll quote the relevant section(s) of the Land Code in my future postings. Yup, e-information sharing is amazing!
Happy reading to all!