A day to remember…
Yup, today is Good Friday – April 10, 2009! But then, most of us have sort of “battle fatigue” due to April 07, 2009 b(u)y-election in N. 29 Batang Ai, right… To some people, it could be a day of victory or a day of defeat. Me?! It could be both. It could be “victorious” for bloggers for all “the hard work” done and a “defeat” as ICT technology wasn’t working well, especially in the interior. Well, I’m apolitical as I’m not a member of any party and I will not join as a member – dari dulu, hingga kini dan selamanya, lah!
So, as BN rules in N. 29 Batang Ai, I do hope that Mr. Joseph Salang Gandum, who is in-charge of ICT-thing, will fulfill his RM12 million ICT development promise for N. 29 Batang Ai. Well, the reason is simple – we are living in the 21st century and people in the most remote area need faster communication link with each other, just like better access (link) roads, other amenities, etc.
Talking about ICT technology, I can say that the technology evolves all the time. During the recent election, we have live telecast on what had happened on the ground. Well, thanks to CoveritLive.com and Linasoo.com for enabling the on-site live coverage on April 07, 2009 – all the way from Lubok Antu. Below are some of the transcripts transpired on that day. Have a look…
In addition, I’ve done some simple maths, as shown below. Anyway, I’m not compelled to discuss the results, as it has been discussed by other “Sarawakian” bloggers. To refresh your memory on statistics, kindly log on to http://www.usablestats.com.
1. Dayak Baru. 2009a. PKR loss is due to lack of money or maturity of voters. Published on April 08, 2009. (http://dayakbaru.com/weblog08/2009/04/08/pkr-loss-is-due-to-lack-of-money-or-maturity-of-voters/)
2. Dayak Baru. 2009b. Some of the reasons/factors why PKR lost the by-election? Published on April 08, 2009. (http://dayakbaru.com/weblog08/2009/04/08/some-of-the-reasonsfactors-why-pkr-lost-the-by-election/)
3. Dyaksblog. 2009. Terminator: (Dayak) salvation. Published on April 09, 2009. (http://dyaksblog.wordpress.com/2009/04/09/terminator-dayak-salvation/)
4. Sarawak Headhunter. 2009a. Keep a look out for Sarawak Headhunter’s analysis for the Batang Ai results. Published on April 08, 2009. (http://sarawakheadhunter.blogspot.com/2009/04/keep-look-out-for-sarawak-headhunters.html)
5. Sarawak Headhunter. 2009b. Dayakism is (or should be) dead and buried in Batang Ai (updated). Published on April 08, 2009. (http://sarawakheadhunter.blogspot.com/2009/04/dayakism-is-or-should-be-dead-buried-in.html)
6. Teropong Dunya Aki Andan. 2009. Jawah’s defeat was not unexpected. Published on April 07, 2009. (http://selangaump2008.blogspot.com/2009/04/jawahs-defeat-was-not-unexpected.html)
7. The Broken Shield. 2009a. S’wak PKR cries foul over two incidents. Published on April 07, 2009. (http://thebrokenshield.blogspot.com/2009/04/swak-pkr-cries-foul-over-two-incidents.html)
8. The Broken Shield. 2009b. Latest news on the Batang Ai (Part 14). Published on April 08, 2009. (http://thebrokenshield.blogspot.com/2009/04/latest-news-on-batang-ai-part-14.html)
To my fellow Christian brothers and sisters, may you and your family have a Blessed Easter!
No comments yet.